Xarelto (rivaroxaban) is a prescription blood-thinning medication believed to cause deadly uncontrolled bleeding and other harmful side effects. Approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in July 2011, Xarelto is an over-the-counter anticoagulant drug prescribed for three primary uses: to reduce the risk of blood clots in patients with atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat); recover from knee or hip surgery; and to treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE). The Food and Drug Administration changed its box warning on Xarelto effects in March 2014.
Xarelto has been linked to the following dangerous side effects:
- Sudden and long-lasting bleeding, including nose bleeds, gum bleeding and excessive menstrual or vaginal bleeding
- Red, pink or brown urine
- Stools with a red or tar-like appearance
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Headaches, dizziness and fatigue
- Pain, swelling or bleeding at wound sites
Xarelto is a classic example of a drug pushed to market that is no better than the older drugs it sought to replace. In lieu of filling a need, it has caused substantial injury and even fatalities. If you or someone you care about has taken Xarelto and suffered these consequences, call us for help. When you call, these are questions you will need to be able to answer:
- Whether you were prescribed Xarelto? Reason for prescription? (Non valvular Afib)
- Were you using other oral anticoagulants prior to being placed on Xarelto? (Warfarin/Coumadin, Pradaxa, Heparin, Plavix, Aspirin, NSAIDs)
- Did you have any preexisting conditions, allergies or contraindications for Xarelto?
Huntsville Dangerous Drug Lawyers at Hodges Trial Lawyers Handle Claims for Victims Injured by Xarelto
At Hodges Trial Lawyers, P.C., we hold pharmaceutical companies responsible when they produce dangerous or defective drugs. Companies that are negligent need to be held accountable when their products cause people harm. If you or someone you know was injured by Xarelto, call 888-539-3110 or use our online contact form to have your claim reviewed by one of our experienced Huntsville product liability attorneys. We have offices in Huntsville and Athens to serve clients across North Alabama, Madison County, Limestone County, Marshall County, Jackson County, Morgan County, and Lauderdale County.
In addition you might also be interested in these posts on Xarelto: