Personal Injury Lawyers in Scottsboro, AL
You’ve been injured in Scottsboro, Alabama, but it’s not your fault—in fact, you’re pretty sure someone else’s mistake is directly responsible for your injury. What can you do now? Unfortunately, there are fewer doctors per capita in Scottsboro compared to the average in the US, so you’ll likely have to wait longer than usual to be seen for your injuries. Once treated, the medical bills start to pile up/ You’ve been unable to work because of your injury, and you have no idea how you’re ever going to catch up.
At Hodges Trial Lawyers, we understand how a personal injury can throw your life into upheaval. From physical pain and mental anguish to a loss of financial stability, the repercussions never seem to stop. We’re here to help you seek justice and fair compensation. Set up a consultation now by calling us at 256-539-3110.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
At Hodges Trial Lawyers, we tackle a wide range of personal injury cases. Some of the cases we accept include:
- Car accidents: Car crashes are incredibly common in Alabama, leading to nearly 1,000 deaths per year. Thousands more are injured each year. Our team is ready to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Truck accidents: Semi-trucks and tractor-trailers are dozens of times heavier than passenger vehicles, and because of this, they’re capable of causing massive amounts of damage. We’ve represented truck accident victims in Scottsboro and other nearby communities.
- Motorcycle crashes: Motorcyclists are at risk of serious injury every time they hit the open road. Our team is committed to protecting motorcyclists’ rights.
- Slip and fall accidents: When businesses and homeowners fail to maintain their property, they may be liable for any injuries that follow. If you’ve fallen and broken a bone or been hit by a falling object, we can help.
- Dog bites: Dog owners are responsible for protecting the general public from their dog’s aggressive behavior. If you’ve been bit by a loose dog, you may be owed compensation.
- Defective products: Products are expected to be safe before they reach consumers, and yet thousands of products are pulled from shelves every single year. If you’ve been hurt by a defective product, let us help you pursue compensation.
How We Can Help You with Your Personal Injury Claim
If you’re owed compensation by a negligent individual or company, you’ll need to prove your injuries and their role in your injuries. Most personal injury settlements are paid out by insurance companies, and if you know anything about insurance companies, they do not part with their money easily.
They’ll only pay you a fair settlement if you can prove that they have a lot to lose in court. That’s why you want an attorney who excels both in negotiations and in the courtroom—you never know where your personal injury claim will be decided.
That’s where we come in. While most personal injury claims are settled outside of court, we believe in being prepared for everything. As we build your case, we’ll do so in a way that puts the onus on the insurance company to offer you what you truly deserve. We know the tricks they use to drive down settlement offers, and we know what it takes to avoid those tricks.
After an injury, you have a lot on your plate. You’re juggling medical treatment, unpaid time off of work, the mental trauma of an accident, and the anxiety of not knowing what comes next. Let us put our extensive knowledge of personal injury law to work for you. We’ve had attorneys recognized in the Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyer list and named as Rising Stars, and we’re here for you.
Steps to Take After an Injury
What you do after an injury can make or break your personal injury claim. Take these steps to protect your personal injury claim:
- Report the accident. Report your injuries and the accident to the appropriate authorities. If you suffer a slip and fall, you’ll want to let the property owner know. If you are in a car accident or you get attacked by a dog, contact the Scottsboro Police Department. No matter what type of injury you suffer, you want to start a paper trail.
- Take note of any injuries. It’s important to identify injuries right away so you can include them in any paperwork or reports you have to fill out. This can also help you decide what type of medical care you need to seek.
- Gather any evidence you can. Try to get photos and video footage of the accident scene, get contact information for any eyewitnesses, and try to document your injuries immediately. The longer you wait to collect evidence, the less you’ll be able to find—and this will definitely hurt your claim.
- Seek medical care. Even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured, please don’t skip this step. You need to get checked out right away for any serious injuries. Local facilities include Highlands Medical Center, Scottsboro Urgent Care, and Scottsboro Quick Care Clinic. Don’t forget to keep copies of any documentation you receive.
- Contact an attorney. Next, contact Hodges Trial Lawyers. We’re ready to learn more about your case and start working on it.
Alabama Personal Injury Laws You Need to Know
If you don’t know how personal injury laws work in your state, you could unintentionally miss an important deadline or hurt your case. In Alabama, most personal injury claims have a two-year statute of limitations. If you’re a minor when you get hurt, the two-year timer doesn’t start until you turn 19. Talk to your attorney about exceptions that may apply to your case.
One of the most important parts of personal injury law in Alabama is the concept of contributory negligence. Alabama is one of the only states that follow the pure contributory negligence rule. This states that if you are found to have played any role in the accident that caused your injuries, you cannot receive any compensation in court.
Even if you were only 1% responsible and you have hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages, you can recover nothing. This definitely affects negotiations and other aspects of your case, which is why it’s crucial to work with an experienced Scottsboro personal injury lawyer.
Contact Hodges Trial Lawyers Now—We’re Here to Help
Don’t wait any longer to hire a personal injury lawyer you can trust. Hodges Trial Lawyers knows that there’s a lot at stake for you, and we’re ready to bring our full body of experience and knowledge to your claim. Schedule a consultation now by calling us at 256-539-3110 or getting in touch with us online.