Tim M. McFalls joined the firm of Hodges Trial Lawyers, P.C. in 2009 as an associate attorney. Tim’s practice focuses primarily on three main areas: personal injury, general civil litigation, and Social Security disability. Tim also performs appellate work and remains on the Indigent Defense appointment list for criminal defendants.
Tim has handled cases throughout Alabama in both state and federal court. He has tried cases in both District and Circuit Court. He has also performed appellate work in all three appellate courts in the State of Alabama. Tim has represented Social Security disability claims from the initial application through the appeals process with the Appeals Council, with success at all stages of the Disability claim process. He has also taken many pro bono cases with the Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program and remains active with this program.
Tim is originally from the Huntsville area as a graduate of Bob Jones High School in Madison, Alabama. Tim holds a B.S. in Industrial & Systems Engineering from Auburn University where he graduated cum laude and a law degree from the University of Alabama School of Law. In law school, Tim was awarded three Best Papers including one for his work in the law school’s Civil Clinic. Tim has presented Continuing Legal Education presentations on numerous topics relating to litigation practice and Social Security disability claims and he was recently named to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars.
Tim is married to Laurie Synco McFalls who is an attorney as well. They have two boys and three dogs that keep them constantly busy. When not practicing law, Tim devotes his time to coaching youth sports and volunteering at Madison United Methodist Church where he has been on numerous leadership committees and the Church Council.
J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, May 2009
B.S. Industrial & Systems Engineering, Auburn University, May 2006
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Alabama, 2009
- Northern District of Alabama, U.S. District Court, 2009
Honors and Activities – Law School
- Best Paper – University of Alabama Civil Clinic
- Best Paper- Trademarks
- Best Paper – Special Problems in Constitutional Law: Governmental Immunities
- Intellectual Property Law Society – President
- Law School Moderates – Vice President
- Christian Legal Society -Member
Honors and Activities – Undergraduate
- Pi Lambda Sigma – Pre Law Honors Society
- Alpha Phi Mu – Industrial Engineering Honors Society
- Lambda Sigma – Sophomore Honor’s Society
- Who’s Who Among American College and University Students
- Dean List
- Auburn Alumni Academic Scholarship