Many of our readers have pets, including dogs, that they love and want to keep safe. Countless others will add a puppy or a kitten during the holiday season. Christmas and holiday functions are great fun, but they create lots of opportunities for your furry pal to end up at the vet. Here are some tips to keep your four-legged members of the family safe:
- Poinsettias are poisonous to dogs and cats
- Pets should not have any real bones, they can splinter and cause injury
- Pets cannot easily digest pork (No bacon for Fido!)
- Feeding pets greasy foods can lead to messy outcomes
- Ribbons and bows are easy targets for your cat
- Breads, batters, and candies are not for pets
- Of course, chocolate is a big no-no as it is toxic for dogs and cats.
Following these simple tips will help keep your furry friends healthy and lead to a Happy New Year.