blog banner

Divorce-Default Proceedings

January 13, 2016

Divorce-Default Proceedings

You may need to enter into a default proceeding if your spouse refuses to sign the paperwork for your divorce. Regardless of your spouse’s reasons for refusing to sign, they cannot legally prevent you from getting a divorce. A default proceeding is like a forfeiture. The Court will assume that if your spouse had any disagreement regarding the documents, your spouse would have made them known. Since your spouse has not cooperated, the Judge is now forced to rule in your favor. If your spouse is refusing to sign, or being uncooperative, our attorneys can assist you with your divorce.

A Message to Our Clients About Coronavirus COVID-19:

A Message to Our Clients About Coronavirus COVID-19

At Hodges Trial Lawyers, P.C. we view the safety and well-being of our clients, staff and business partners as our highest priority.

The situation regarding the COVID-19 virus is continually changing, and we are following all recommended guidelines to stay healthy.

Currently, our law firm is remaining open and working to serve your legal needs. We are, however, limiting in person meetings to comply with social distancing recommendations.

We are happy to arrange for phone or video consultations should you have any concerns about keeping your scheduled appointments with us. We are also able to exchange documents via secure drives or email. We will continue to diligently represent our clients, even if we have to do so remotely.

Should you have any concerns, please contact us online or call/text us at 256-539-3110.

Thank you and stay safe.