Flesh Eating Bacteria Patient Dies

It had been twelve days since the doctors told the Michigan woman that she was clear of a life-threatening virus when she took a turn for the worse.  Despite the accidental misdiagnosis, it is unclear whether the husband can sue the doctors or the hospital for wrongful death.  According to the National Necrotizing Fasciitis Foundation, many cases are misdiagnosed or found late and the patient gets the wrong treatment.  The foundation places the blame for the death plainly on the shoulders of the hospital, stating that they should have run blood tests to determine whether her white blood cells were elevated, a sign of infection.  It is unclear where the woman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria.